Friday, May 6, 2011

Well, I thought wrong!

The Monday after Easter, I went out to celebrate my friend's birthday. Her closest girlfriends to took pics by a nearby lake, went to dinner, and joined many other friends for a night of bowling. That was my first time bowling in an actual bowling alley-crazy I know. I'm not too shabby. It was a very fun night. I was glad I wore a cute outfit that day and couldn't wait to see how the pics turned out.

Turns out, I never needed to see the pics. Only one pic has been posted but if that's any indication of what's to come, I don't need to see the rest. I look so fat! I was such a black sheep in the pic. I'm use to being the token black person in my group of friends but this time I was the token fat black girl in a group of beautiful white girls. I almost want to apologize to my friend for ruining her bday pic!

Here I am busting my butt doing Zumba, strength training, eating well, and staying hydrated and for what?!? I know results don't happen overnight but I'm tired of this. I want to feel AND look cute, not feel cute only to realize I looked a fat, hot mess. Well, I had a good cry about it. Nothing left to do but keep chugging along. Hopefully there will be a noticeable difference sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment