Tuesday, December 8, 2009

New Poem: 'Pere'

I say 'new poem' as if I've been posting poems on this blog. I've been writing poems for a while now and in the past I've posted them on my xanga, and as facebook notes. Now that I have this blog, I thought I'd post any poems I write on here as well-not that anyone reads this blog. It comforts me just to know my poetic works are eternalized somewhere. Anywho, here goes...

~Pere~
I wish I could sever the line of blood that keeps us eternally linked
What good is a link without a connection
I hate this hold that you have on me, may always have on me
You don't deserve it
Absence.
That's all I've received from you
Yet you're ever present in my heart and mind
You've affected me
Made me stronger yet weakened me
You've influenced me
Who I was, am, and want to be...what I want from life
I want out.
Out of this emotional misery that resides within
I want o be present for my loved ones, my kin
You'll never know just how much you hurt me
Nor do I think you'd care
Yet you're the one I feel sorry for
You threw a blessing on the cutting room floor
You can never make up for what you've missed
The damage is done
But this is an ongoing battle and I look forward to saying I've won.

No comments:

Post a Comment