Saturday, December 5, 2009

Holiday Guilt


Christmas...some say it's the most wonderful time of the year. That's not the case for everyone. don't get me wrong, i love Christmas-decorations, hot chocolate, happy children, Christmas movies galore, Christmas music-these things warm my heart. Yet like many other holidays, presents have become an integral part of Christmas. I love the feeling of giving and seeing the joy it brings to its recipients, but presents are hard to come by when you're in a financial bind. 09 has been a very tough year for me, arguably the hardest year of my life. I don't have the finances to give the way I'd like to. I could get away with going the home made route but that is very time consuming, and funds are still necessary to get the supplies needed to create home made presents. This wouldn't be a problem if I was antisocial but alas, I am a social butterfly. My friends have been contacting me left and right to get my address so I know I'm getting presents and at the very least, cards. hate knowing that I'm going to receive presents when I won't be able to return the favor. And I don't care about giving anything to my family because we're not close-my mom is the only one I really care to give to during the holidays. Sigh...I just feel guilty not being able to give to my friends like I would if I had funds, but that's the way Santa's cookies crumbled. I haven't had a truly happy holiday season in years; i can't wait to have this spell broken...

No comments:

Post a Comment