Monday, May 3, 2010

The 2H Experience

2H is the headquarter of my core group of friends since college. I lived their with one of my besties Colbi my sophomore year, and 3 years later it became the home of so many more besties...and their friends...and their boyfriends lol. Now, most of the 2H inhabitants are weeks away from graduation so I thought it was only fitting to chronicle our time together.  Hmmm, where to begin about the 2H experience. Well, I can tell you that there's never really a dull moment. Even when it's uneventful, it's fun! That's how you know you're truly comfortable with someone-when you can collectively sit there with your laptops and do work...or get on Facebook ;-) There have been so many good times there: movie nights, baking, family din dins, game nights, shots!,venting sessions, cuddling sessions on the day bed, group hw time, doing each others' hair and makeup, the masquerade party, my surprise 22nd bday party, Rachel's surprise 21st sleepover (where we were surprised by 5 random guys lol), shopping, Criminal Minds marathons...the list goes on! I'll even miss the complaints about ppl not doing their dishes, or their chores in general lol. Oh and let's not forget the epic decorations like the Harry Potter and Twilight Saga posters, window drawings, picture tree, and let's not forget the rules! Ah yes, the rules...a late night/early morning concoction. Here are a few of my faves:

Rule #537: Do not take your pants off unless told to do so or if its Tuesday at 2pm.
Rule #12: When making animal noises, please impersonate the rest of the animal too.
Rule #86: If you choose to scare another apartment member, do so as creepily as possible.
Rule # 823 3/4: Do not walk outside barefoot, you will get an STD. That means you!

Rule # 813: If you say the word jizz you must then repeat it again by yelling it out the window.
Rule #673: If you see a member of the apartment on campus you MUST snap and dance like you are in West Side Story.

Rule #1: If you're going to be mean, share with the class.
Rule 371: We like musicals so once in a while just bust into song and dance.



I mean seriously, no other group of people could create such awesomeness!
On a more serious note, I use to cry as I prayed to have a legitimately good group of friends. I can honestly say that my prayers were answered when I met the 2H gang. I thank them so much for loving me, I really do. It saddens me that this experience is coming to an end but I wish them all the best in their future endeavors and can't wait to see the wonderful lives we all create for ourselves.  I know that life can, and probably will take us to so many different ends of the world, but I know in my heart that some of the people in this group will be in my life forever. I can't wait to grow old with them. So to Kristen, Rachel, Miriam, David, Jessalyn, Kevin, Brian, Jess Drap, Laura, Bryan, Julie, Anca, Catherine, Sharon, Ben, Becky, Paul, Danny,CC, and anyone I may have missed-I feel truly blessed to have shared so many wonderful times with you and I thank you for loving me <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment