Monday, May 10, 2010

Touched by the death of a stranger


Facebook. If you have an account, you know that the news feed does not run on a need to know basis. My news feed showed me that my friend Joel was now friends with 4 new people; one of their profile pics immediately caught my eye-it was a pic of a gorgeous guy of course. Naturally, the nosy posy/creeper in me came out to play and I clicked on the profile pic. I quickly became confused because the pic did not match the name-a gorgeous guy named Abbey? I mean, I guess it could happen, there are guys named Leslie, Terry, etc. right? Sadly, this was not the case of a guy with a traditionally female name. Abbey had changed her profile pic to one of her late friend Jordan Logan-the gorgeous guy.

Upon realizing this my heart sank. I dug a little deeper to find out just who this world had now lost and the information I found literally made me weep. He was 22- the same age as me. It really made me stop and think ya know. Why did another wonderful person have to leave this world so soon? And right before Mother's Day! It brings me back to freshman year of college when my friend Justin Fisher passed away  a few days before Mother's Day as well. Burying your child is horrific enough without having to do so near that holiday! Learning more about Jordan really motivates me to try to truly live, because you really never know when that option will no longer exist. I'm glad he toughed so many people before his passing, it would have been lovely to know him. His family and loved ones are definitely in my prayers <3

See for yourself what a great person the world lost:
1) http://www.kypost.com/content/wcposhared/story/Family-Speaks-After-Death-Of-Young-Ludlow-Teacher/twfofkVUsEia9NVLCkjnLw.cspx

2) http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204341577&ref=ts#!/profile.php?id=179900232&ref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment