Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring Cleaning is Brutal!!!

Why oh why do I have so many things?!?! in retrospect, this statement may seem as if I'm an ungrateful brat, but hear me out. It's not as if the things I own are beautiful quality things, no no. My room amounts to loads of unnecessary paper such as a notebook from 10th grade geometry, stuffed animals (most useless present ever that girls keep getting stuck w/), free tees and knick knacks from SU and even QOHS, waaaaaay too much jewelry that I can't believe I own yet alone wore back in the day...I think you get the picture.

So why clean now you ask? Well, I've been a successful academic procrastinator since 7th grade and that skill has spilled over a bit into doing minor tasks such as spring cleaning. My half sister that I haven't seen in about 5 yrs is coming to visit me during her spring break on Mon or Tues. Yes, I realize I'm cuttin' it close re: cleaning for her arrival seeing as today is Sat; that's how I roll. You see, I'm fueled by the pressure. Giving me time to do things is sure to result in my lackadaisical attitude towards getting it done because I'll fool myself into thinking "Eh, I've got time...". When I know for a fact that it's crunch time, it forces me to do what I need to do quickly,efficiently, and full out(that's dancer talk for not doing things half way) because there won't be anymore chances to get 'er done. This is why I've been known to write 15 pg research papers the night before and get A's and B's only. Told ya I had skills ;-)

However, I DO NOT recommend being a procrastinator if you can't handle the pressure; it's not for the faint of heart. Even a seasoned veteran like me felt the heat tonight, hence this blogging break. Another thing getting me through this dreaded purging process is knowing that my unwanted clothes will go to the needy. I also roll generously :-) With that said, it's back to work for me! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment